Tuesday, September 15, 2009

more bento ....

I could quite possibly be addicted to bento. Read my post here. Okay, so I'm not going to take this to the degree that some people do as I just don't see myself buying seaweed and forming it into shapes for mouths and eyes and hair. But I do really like the way the below photo looks. Especially that light blue silicone baking cup. Do you see it? Yea, that's what I like. I needed one this morning for Bear's lunch. He wanted salami and provolone rolled [yes, I used toothpicks as he's almost 10 and hoped he didn't jab anyone at the lunch table]. He also wanted a bun and mandarin oranges. Oh those oranges would have been so cute in a silicone cup, but all I had were the pink and red hearts which I'm sure would have embarrassed him to death in front of the other 4th grade boys.


So off to Jo-Ann's today with my 40% and 50% coupons to buy some of these yummy Wilton silicone baking cups. Had to get square ones too because you never know what shape of dish you'll be using.


I already had these from Valentine's Day.


Oh, and while I was there, look at this neat silicone brownie pop tray. You put your brownie mixture in there, bake it and put sticks in them as soon as they come out of the oven. Then after they cool, you dip them in melted chocolate, into some non-perils or sprinkles and enjoy. Perfect, perfect for a school party.

They also have these in this flower shape. How cute? I need some more coupons.



No comments: