Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Mexican Corn Dip

This came from a friend and it has become a favorite. I make mine a bit different (** see below), which I'll explain at the end, but this recipe as shown is exactly how Gina gave it to us.



3 cans fiesta corn, drained

2 c. cheddar cheese

3/4 c. mayo (Hellmanns)

1 c. sour cream

fistful of chopped cilantro (fresh)

fistful of scallions

2 tsp. cumin or more if you like

1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (opt)

1-2 bags of Fritos scoops



Drain corn and add to large bowl; add the cheddar cheese, mayo, sour cream and mix. Add cilantro, scallions, cumin and pepper. This makes a lot. Use Frito scoops to dip.

**My changes, I just use 2 cans of bi-color corn and 1 can of regular yellow corn. I do not do the cilantro unless I have it on hand. I use the scallions, but not the other spices. I do use Tastefully Simple's Fiesta Mix. So I use 2 Tbs. of that mix into the mayo/sour cream mixture. Basically my version is corn, mayo, sour cream, scallions and the Fiesta Mix. This is one of those recipes you can play around with and it will still come out great. Chill a couple hours before serving, so the flavors of the Tastefully Simple mix set.

No comments: