Thursday, February 5, 2009

Craft Room Tour

I love seeking inspiration from others. Many of you know that my husband completed my studio in the fall and I've been trying to figure it out since. My desk has been in three places [and I finally think I've found the perfect place for it]. My fancy schmancy table has been in two places and it is perfect where it is [now I need a couple chairs]. My armoire has stayed where it always was and looks very happy there. I feel I can decorate now. I feel like it's finally working for me.
Sometimes you have to live with a space for a little while to see how it's going to work for you. It takes time for a space to evolve. You have to figure out how you want to use the space. I think a creative space takes longer because you just don't know what works quite right. You may think in your head it's right, but then when you're there actually using it, you need to switch it up a bit. That's okay. Here's some inspiration for you ~
Lovin' the red and black and cream colors in this room.Very well organized, things are hidden [which I like] and look at those yummy window treatments.
I'm all about apple green. That's the color of my studio too. LOVE IT. It makes me smile. Love, again the red accents.
This blue is everywhere. I love it paired with black. Again, this inspires me because this room looks organized - a place for everything.

The toile roman shade is my favorite here.

Not quite my style, but it looks nice.

Obviously this crafter likes to sew. Or is that a seamstress who likes to craft? Either way I love idea of her ironing board right there out in the open. If you're going to use it alot, then make a good spot for it.


No comments: