Sunday, August 31, 2008

my baby lost her first tooth

So, we're in BW-3 last night having dinner, we're almost finished and she screams and starts crying. She bit down on that tooth, once again. But this time it was really hanging on there (see first photo & try to ignore her nasty, dirty fingernails). So we rush her home and for the next 2 1/2 hours, she cries, she tries to pull it herself, won't allow me to touch it. She goes and shows Mrs. Yokum. She goes out to play in the backyard with friends only to come back in crying again because it hurts. I keep saying, it will feel much better if you just let me take it out. She won't. She eats an ice cream sandwich. Close to her last bite, it happens again. It's bleeding. She doesn't like to see blood and freaks out. NB comes running out and grabs her to comfort her, I told him I'm taking it out hold onto her. It happens so quickly she doesn't even realize it's out. She's still fussing that she doesn't want me to do it not even realizing it's already in the tissue. She looks at it and laughs, and then cries again and yells for me to show it to "Mrs. Yokum" our neighbor. Mrs. Yokum is very proud of her and all is well in Sophie's world. Mrs. Yokum sounds old in this story, she is only 38 and a friend of mine.

and after photo .... after many, many tears. she doesn't look too happy? Her brothers even slept in her room with her last night hoping to catch a glimpse of that elusive tooth fairy.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a big girl!! I am so glad she came to me to share her big news!! :) Mrs. Yokum