Sunday, January 10, 2010

Reusable Shopping Bags ... A must

Do you use reusable shopping bags? Or have you purchased bags and use them but many times forget them and leave them in the house? I've done that a few times. So I started putting the bags right back in my car as soon as I unload the groceries. I never forget now.

Here, Walmart is starting a new program to reduce pastic bag useage for the environment. It's a wonderful idea. Walmart sells their bags for $.50 but they are small. More for a trip to Walgreens than a grocery store. I use the big bags. My favorite part about using reusable bags, other than helping save oil, is they stack so nicely in the back of my car. Things don't fall out like plastic bags.

Did you know it takes 12 million barrels of oil to produce 30 billion plastic bags?
Did you know other countries have banned the use of plastic bags? Ireland, Ugando, China!

Please buy some reusable bags next time you're at the store.

1 comment:

Adria said...

There are a bunch of patterns online to make quick grocery bags. I find that if I can roll them up in a bag or fold them up small Im more likely to use them.
And I couldnt get the link to work.