Saturday, December 12, 2009

clean your sink & garbage disposal

Every month I do a thorough cleaning of my disposal. I cannot stand the smell of a dirty sink disposal. I have a special sponge I use just for this purpose because it's so gross. I also use a product called Disposer Care which is fabulous and can be found at Wal-mart.

Put on a clean sponge and dedicate this sponge for garbage disposal cleaning only. Go down into your sink with the disposal and underneath the black rubber part. You will be amazed and grossed out at the same time.
Next, follow directions for the disposer care container.


Put it down into the drain, package and all.

You get this great bubble action and the best smell ever.

Patiently wait while it does it's job and have the kids watch too, it's fun. It will fill up the extra sink too.

when it's all finished, it will look like this [below] and then just rinse clean.
No nasty smells coming from this sink.


2 comments:

The Nester said...

You could totally sell tickets to that!

I'm getting me some!

phillips phamily said...

I read somewhere that when you run your disposal, you shouldn't use hot water because it will allow the grease to cling to the blades.

Periodically, I throw a cupful of ice cubes down to "clean" the blades, and citrus peels do wonders for the smell.

That product looks pretty cool.